View Single Post
Unread 12 Dec 2006, 19:35   #4
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: ITT: You help me with the culture shock [London]

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeeThot
Before I insult anyone trying to get me coffee, get thrown out of a club and anything like that just by behaving on my normal MO, you could give me some tips on how I'm expected to behave...

First thing, tips, should I tip a waiter/waitress, how much is the normal percentage? I know you can't wear sneakers to some of the clubs, but what other dress codes can get me out of the fun? I know you're supposed to bring something when you visit someone's else house. I can't make fun of the Monarchy as it can be taken badly by someone, so I'll leave that to Monty Pyton.

Anything else?
tips arent mandatory, but if you want to leave them - 10-20% is enough. Either that or round the bill up to the nearest £5/10 and tip the waiter/waitress the rest.
Avoid putting tips on cc if you can, as some places tend to short change their staff for tips done this way or put it into a shared fund for them all. Tips should be in cash if you want to be sure that it goes to that particular waiter/waitress
Dress codes vary depending on where you go, you'll want to ask a londoner for more specific advice
You can make fun of the monarchy if you want, just dont do it with people who adore it, or in front of buckingham palace