View Single Post
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 13:48   #40
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: New Portal & Skins

Quote:
Originally Posted by zPeti View Post
I am quite annoyed about the responses I have gotten.

However, I definately agree with some of the criticism.

I like the general design, colours, boxes etc, and I most certainly will not be changing them. As I am glad a designer pointed out in the thread earlier, the r23 skin had way to many colours, it had too much information on it, it was extremely unclear for new players, and very daunting.

I have watched 3-4 people signup with the r23 skin and they had absolutely no idea where to start because of all the information, and then looked at me like wtf is this when they signed in and saw 10 different colours of messages.

I think the general colour design of the new skin is better, and it isn't as daunting.

However, I agree that the image sucks. So does anyone have some suggestions about what should replace it? I have a big batch of planetarion images (some of which are on MrLobsters design), and I could integrate those.

I understand the problem with the image, and I am up for changing it as I appreciate the feedback. I'm not sure what the problem is with the actual colours and boxes though.
First some positive zpeti, finally someone who understands that all that christmas tree junk colourdisplay ingame is so ****ing annoying.

However when it comes to the portal, I was hoping for something a tad bit more than that lump of crap that could be called a ship as a graphic, plus that the logo really does not make any sense. It's a planet getting shattered by the name Planetarion? What does that have to do with the game?

Clean black is my choice. At least that can not fault me.