View Single Post
Unread 22 May 2009, 02:20   #20
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The (sad) future of cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt View Post
Didn't upset us (well, I can't speak for jer...), you just made a categorically shit post, highlighting why these forums are quite inferior to others.

Also, grow up! You're not 12yrs old (apologies if you are).
No, I didn't. I made an ironically humorous post playing on the ignorance that you've just implied is the reason for these forums being dead.

I wont enter into a discussion about my age as I feel that even for you, implying somebody is considerably less old than they actually are was an incredibly poor insult and so choose not to dignify it with a response.

I genuinely don't care that the forums are dead. They've been dead for a long time, and while I have made a few attempts at bringing up topics or conversations, people here dont WANT to hear from 'outsiders'. They browse these forums looking for topics/comments made by people they like and criticise posts/threads of people they don't.

The PA forums are shit, and not because they're dead. They're shit because of the people that use them. Am I more to blame for this than others? No. Am I less to blame? Probably not.

My intentionally shit post was merely symbollic of this incredibly bad trend that has been sweeping over these boards for years. The reason we have a select few who continually troll dead forums (yawhe for example) is because they're completely incapable of contributing to a discussion board that isn't dead. They quite simply don't have the same 'community presence' elsewhere and so can't behave in the same ****ish ways they do here. So this, PA, is where they concentrate all their ineptitudes.

The Planetarion forums are basically the slums of the internet. There are a few who don't belong, but mostly - people just can't do better.

But hey, what do I care. You were the one who was making a big deal out of a glib off-the-cuff remark, so please - feel free to carry on talking about cricket.