View Single Post
Unread 24 Mar 2014, 22:59   #2
Prover

Prover is infamous around these partsProver is infamous around these partsProver is infamous around these partsProver is infamous around these partsProver is infamous around these parts
Re: The Heavens and Spacetime

spaceman99 of Gametalk

I will share with the Planetarion world a story about the original Gametalk spirituality forum and its friend spaceman99 who was a Mormon and happened to also be a NASA scientist. Funny, I had to make sure in my thinking that he was also an American.

Perhaps others may find it inspiring how this man believed as part of his Mormonism that he would be reunited with his deceased family on another planet someday. He gave witness not only to Christian truths but esoteric phenomenon such as are ghostlike.

Of course the hope many have of their lost family and religious community is to be with each other again, while believing they are with them already in spirit. The esteemed 'anonymous' elder saw in both his religion and his fieldwork more than enough reasons to know this was a simple reality.

For me it was personal because he challenged my interpretation of the creation account in Genesis and opened my eyes to a deeper understanding. I grew interested to read the Bible with a scientific lens and critique in light of these new details I was learning what I had been misinformed or uninformed about.

As others would say he never pressed to share his faith unless the person was interested in what he was saying and wanted to learn more. I don't know how many people were led to accept the same faithful practices because of him, but the forum and its off shoots used to have many post in a similar tradition.

Psalm 105
Prover is offline   Reply With Quote