Thread: I Can't Cope
View Single Post
Unread 26 Feb 2012, 19:52   #33
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light
Re: I Can't Cope

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post
I'm tired of trying to explain why smaller tags are not feasible. Good luck with finding enough competent (or otherwise) officers for the "extra" tags.

But it's good to see someone who is prepared to stand up for the PL change. Now let's hope we can go the rest of the way and remove PL (for attacks) altogether.
and im kinda tired to back up my ideas about the smaller tags.. every time someone starts with this shit again, then alwasy the same old points are brought out..

same goes for the officer thing that u just said..

firstly, 40-50 man tag would mean, that even ND and CT and why not Apprime, have enough ppl to go for the win.. having the same amount of planets intag than the others, might give them a chance to go for it.. yes, multiple alliances can gang up to attack and once in a while share def (which can be avoided by some hardcoding), however the amount of tag players is leveled and the odds are more even

secondly, having smaller tags would also mean that old alliances returning or Kenny trying again, would be at least a bit more easier to cope with - since running a smaller tag = its becomes easier

thirdly, having more alliances makes the politics more diverse.. we might have ultores 1 and ultores 2 for a round or two, but in 3 rounds time those ult 1 and ult2 could likely be competing vs each other as well, giving more options for more interesting politics and the overall gameplay.. i just dont belive that if i was in ult 1 and mikee was in ult 2, then I`d let that bastard be in a winning ally, instead of me.. if it was up to me..

also the phrase "officer", thats kind of an old word that really dosent exist nemore, unless ure in ND or CT, which again aint workin for em, is it ? Nowdays there`s kinda just 1 bot needed to run an ally and 2-3 ppl that are up for negotiating with others + gettin needed information.. ofc the defence calls are mighty important to handle, but u dont need a designated DC to deal with em.. + removing PL and gettin the regular attack launch times to happen around the clock, instead of just europe night time, would also be helping to cope with this matter..

long story, might not be well constructed since i have no time atm, but hopefully u get my idea..

there will always be ppl blabbing who is right or who is wrong and from time and time again say the same old pro/against points.. but this will all be just some assumption until its actually tried out..

as i see it, this couldnt hurt the game in any possible way.. apart from making it more interesting for at least a few rounds.. until its dead neways, if nothing big happens :P