View Single Post
Unread 15 Apr 2009, 14:11   #43
AndroX
xXx

AndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to allAndroX is a name known to all
Re: New Portal & Skins

Quote:
Originally Posted by zPeti View Post
I am quite annoyed ........... etc etc
the problem isn't the boxes or the colour - its the way its used in the poor design.
For instance, a true designer would never use backgrounds on his logo/headers.
Most use a transparent PNG so that the logo can be fitted anywhere without interfearing with the actual page-background. (thats only 1 small detail that seperates proffesional designers with wannabe's) PS: the background itself is truely poor quality.

Also, the use of current portal colours - those are not bad, just its too flat. Use more dept in the colour range that is used now (different shades of gray). Makes reading things easier, and it will approach the eye candy some people are talking about.

And for the ship (render) - I wont say its bad, it has potention aslong as someone finishes the design. Add some texture on it. Some details, make it more vivid/alive. As right now it looks like graphics we used back in the late 70's early 80's. Its not something that will 'sell' planetarion to new gamers.

Layout wise, the portal improved 100%. Things are certainly way easier to find now. And I dont need 10 minutes to search for things. Though Im not saying it is perfect, far from that.

Just my thoughts. Experience.

Last edited by AndroX; 15 Apr 2009 at 14:21.
AndroX is offline   Reply With Quote