View Single Post
Unread 4 Oct 2017, 19:09   #51
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all
Re: R74 shipstats choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Apart from adding an emp anti co to Cat my spider change wouldn't affect any other interactions in Jintaos matrix. And because it's emp it would still be classed as a land regardless.

I think the spider change atleast makes fi a bit more playable especially from a defensive standpoint. Atm as you say its only FR and Co that are worth playing. I think my change adds DE and Fi to the equation.
Sorry i still have nightmares from an earlier cath co vs spiders round, but yes its a better option than current shipstats. It makes Co a bit weaker if spiders have same init or better than beetles ( and shoot co). It makes it similar to Flea stopping cath FR.

It leaves the same problem as earlier tho, theres different degrees in 'stopping' .

Pretty much any amount of Vinds would stop a fi attack from landing,( because all the Vinds get to shoot first, doing almost their own value in damage and giving you salvage to make sure you lose less than attacker.) pretty much any amount of Cutlass would stop DE from landing, so the amount of value needed is very low compared to the attacking value.

With Flea stopping FR by EMPing the full attacking FR fleet, the amount of value needed to stop the attacking value is a lot higher. It can still be the best option to stop FR, cuz all the other anti FR ships take more value , but compared to the value needed to stop a DE attack or a Fi attack, you need a lot more value in Flea's.

Which makes the CO and the FR very tempting as options. However there's no real easy fix for this because you can't just add EMP to each attacking combo, so I think lowering Cath EMP effs a bit and making sure theres another EMP def ship that has same init or lower vs the EMP attacking fleet is the best we can do.
Shhhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote