View Single Post
Unread 8 Apr 2016, 20:01   #264
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
Re: R66 who will win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
It is quite clear that some allies prefer to stay blocked against Ultores even though they could go for the win themselves if they break the block and make the politics more fluid - Pingu HC even claimed on AD that last round was a victory because ultores didn't win, so the aim is no longer to win for some allies - only to make one alliance lose. This all applies to past rounds of course, Ultores has done a minimum of politics this round so we sent Chimpie on vacation.
Why do we need to keep going through these things; what does this have to do with this round? Are four alliances blocking you at the moment?

And for the record I suspect that claim was mine not 'Pingu HC' (incidentally we no longer have Pingu - replaced by p3nguin) as the stated goal at the start of last round was good planet and gal ranks not ally win for p3n, and yes our involvement in ally politics was to be an attempt to keep you off the top. Any attempt to go for first came some way into the round as a result of an unexpected increase in member numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
So I fail to see much difference between Astatores/Mercenaries and some of the so called normal tags.
While claiming from the same targets etc clearly makes for more efficiency I personally agree with you, there is little difference except that every other alliance has considerably more freedom rather than being joined at the hip. People note that ND and p3n seem very close but forget that we had a rather vicious war only a few rounds ago which involved lots of attempted fleetcatches.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote