View Single Post
Unread 30 Mar 2005, 11:06   #12
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: NASA answers age old question

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTester
Well, I am no physist - I cant even spell it - but if the center of mass is changed even slighly, gravity will pull the heavier mass downwards faster then the lighter mass, hence causing a spin and the bread to land butter side down. It might only be a small change to the bread mass but enough to do this, surely?
not enough though, you have to take aerodynamics and torque into account. The butter can just be considered as a slightly thicker slice of bread.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote