Thread: The Cleansing
View Single Post
Unread 14 Feb 2005, 17:25   #159
Hewitt
The Aussie Dragon

Hewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to beholdHewitt is a splendid one to behold
Re: The Cleansing

*Hewitt raises an eyebrow at the bishops response but says nothing as he is lead towards the castle.*

The taxing?

*He is more confused when he reaches the castle, the fact that it's manned with manlings soldiers armed with weapons and fear is predictable. It is the man who addresses him and in the manner that he does so suggests that has Hewitt somewhat baffled by the sheer audacity of it all...*

"Dragonbrother!? How is it you can address me in such with such confidence puny manling? You are not of my brethren! How dare you suggest such!!"

*Hewitt feels his anger building but remembers why he's here and decides to let the insult slide for now... the fact that I've been asleep long enough for a city to spring up out of seemingly nowhere suggests my sleep was a long one. Customs might've changed since then... Instead he works on calming himself down - he wasn't going to learn anything if he torched the place.*

*Hewitt as such, takes a deep breath and shuts his eyes for a few seconds. When he feels cool calmness return he opens his eyes, steps forward until his giant maw is but a foot away from the manling standing on the wall and begins speaking in a quiet but stern tone that only the puny creature can hear.*

"You are lucky. A lesser benevolent dragon would've struck you down instantly for speaking without the respect deserved of our kind. *sigh* But I'm assuming you meant none and as such I will forgive you manling, since my background is as unknown to you as yours is to me. Which brings me to why I am here. I am presently a little.... disorientated. When I retired to my cave this place we speak right now was the heart of pure, unspoiled wilderness that stretched as far as I could see. So, imagine my surprise when I awoke this morning to find thousands of manlings living on my doorstep."

*Hewitt clears his throat then steps back a bit so as to resume speaking in a normal tone. Talking quietly like this was making him thirsty.*

"I am telling you this because you have the manner of a ruler and as such I must assume you are so. If not I expect you to say so immediately and direct me to were I can speak with your leader... in private. There is much I wish to know about this 'city' and it's people as well as this time your bishop calls 'the taxing'. I want to know everything about you manlings. Afterall, this is my land you are residing on and therefore that technically makes you mine......"

"One hour of thinking is better than 70 years of divine service."
- Muhammad

Viva la TITO!

Last edited by Hewitt; 14 Feb 2005 at 17:32.
Hewitt is offline   Reply With Quote