View Single Post
Unread 3 Jan 2007, 19:36   #39
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future
Re: Official Lunatic Asylum announcement Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligFree
no no, that just shows why eXi arent playing this round. Because they'd be hit from pt 72.
I beleive you made this exact same claim post-r18 about why eXilition wouldn't play round 19. I think we've had this dicussion several times before, and you constantly claim eX aren't playing this round or that round because of reason A and reason B etc. That's about as logically flawed as claiming 1up quit PA because they couldn't handle the losing rounds. It's simply not true.

eXilition not playing any given round ***HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE POLITICAL SITUATION IN EACH ROUND.*** If you think the eX command are/have been "scared off" from playing Planetarion during certain rounds, you're even dumber than your post I quoted. *NEVER* has eXilition been scared off by the prospsect of rule changes, certain alliances playing or not playing the round, being attacked during a round, or any other factor. Decisions to play or not play a round are based on "time off" to relax and spend some time in the real world, mainly for the command team. The command team doesn't have the time or want to put in the effort to play every round of planetarion one after another. In fact, the notion of playing round after round without a break to me seems archaic--a relic of pre-PAX tradition based on enormous alliance membercounts and the ability for alliances to delegate the same workload (or smaller workload per member, based on a larger universe) to a larger number of willing officers within an alliance structure. But that's a different story.

Let me put it bluntly for you: I don't forsee eX coming back, ever to planetarion. Kaifux doesn't forsee it either. bwtmc doesn't either. Hude doesn't either. I'm not sure about snra/mac/cart. But that's a large chunk of the command. eX not playing had nothing to do with circumstances of round 20. Every round eX has played thus far (besides mabye initially in round 13) has initally placed eX as the "bad guys" (weather due to lies about mass-cheating, or not being the "underdog"), has had an equal potential for success/loss--but the key to winning the round is using what you have at your disposal as efficiently as possible. In the end, alliance rankings are all about strategy--not the percise calculation based style of gameplay that indvidual-planet Planetarion has decayed into--but rather a metagame which is the key factor in drawing and keeping players in the game--where your strategy is 50% based upon group interaction within the alliance, and the efficiency of that interaction, and the other 50% based upon meta-game political and non-political interaction (which isn't as predictable as the raw numbers).
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21

Last edited by NitinA; 4 Jan 2007 at 01:13.
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote