View Single Post
Unread 12 Jan 2006, 08:13   #17
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
Re: 1UP winners of the free round (round 16) a given fact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
And lets be fair, you need a person like Kaifux or Synthetic Sid to muster a new alliance to win a "first" round in Planetarion. I dont think any alliances that is being made atm consist of such a person.

Indeed, that is also a valid point, but I know 20 or 30 of people atleast who i think would be able to manage it if they pulled together a really good team so intent on the win that they can keep there existince secret for a few days into the round atleast, and even then, it would be difficult to find out information on the alliance.

It is a very possible feat to achieve, It is however I agree very unlikely, but still, It would be interresting and I dont think anyone should rule it out totally.

Its not that difficult to recruit for a totally nameless unknown alliance, all you need is one or two people with the dedication, knowledge, charisma and attitude to be able to pull good loyal people into a totally new alliance, which they know nothing about until they have agreed to join.

It wouldnt be the first time that technique has been employed, granted most of the people who try it end up burning out before the round starts, but that is more to do with the fact that they start building over a round before they plan to play, it can be done in 2-3 weeks with a good crew.