View Single Post
Unread 14 Mar 2008, 20:17   #14
[FC]Imperial

[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light[FC]Imperial is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Purposefully disabling your child

This is a rather shocking topic. Most parents are of mind to want the best for their children, to make life easier than it was for them... How wanting a deaf child meets that goal I don't know.

In regards to the two deaf parents wanting a deaf child scenario, I think that is also ridiculous... they should want the same as any other parent, and even though they know first hand how 'possible' it is to live on whilst deaf i do not understand how they would want a deaf child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahwe
I think that very much depends upon your view of what a child is.
Regardless how you view or define your child, he/she is still a human being protected by human rights... like in the news recently of a 15 year old raped and murdered, the mother is taken to court for negligence, reason being she did not create a safe environment for her daughter.. looking at it this way, how is making your child born deaf a safe enviroment, kids need a lot of attention and looking after, deaf kids need a hell of a lot more, they cannot hear and get scared of loud noises (which incidentally may be a car or something else equally as devastating to a humans life)