View Single Post
Unread 30 Aug 2007, 00:52   #35
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The open source idea

I edited my post, doubt you saw it before making yours. Have a read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv
So you think that people should be allowed to be involved with development of the game & be allowed to broadcast it as they so wish? While at the same time allowed to be rude towards people on the forums?
Never said that.

Quote:
Sorry mate but pull your head out of your arse and get real. PAN was a project to radically change Planetarion on a longer term scale. All clause 2.4 does is stop you from publically criticise and put down something you are involved with.
No, it doesn't. It stops signees from making "any public comments or derogatory remarks regarding Jolt & Planetarion or any current or former employees or officers of Jolt & Planetarion or current or former clients of Jolt."

If the NDA was just there to stop you from using confidential information against them, there would be no need for section 2.4 as section 1.1 does the job perfectly well.

Quote:
1.1 The individual shall not disclose or permit to be disclosed without the prior consent of Jolt any confidential information, trade secrets or proprietary data concerning the practice, business dealings or affairs of Jolt or the game Planetarion.

Quote:
It doesn't stop you calling the alliance you don't like crap or the people you think make shit posts tossers.
No, but it would stop me from criticising something like multihunter actions or the support planet rule.

Quote:
I wasn't referring to how the NDA works, I was referring to how access / information is dished out with in the system. Which one of us as seen and experienced the other hasn't, mmk?

Just because you're not in PA Team or a coder doesn't mean you're not going to be privy to information the team / Jolt want kept under wraps until such time as it's released.
And I made clear at all times that I'd be more than happy to abide by such rules.

My suggested amendment was as such:

Quote:
I thus propose an amended Section 2.1, to read:
2.1.1 The individual shall not make any derogatory remarks regarding Planetarion: NEXT.
2.1.2 The individual shall not make any derogatory remarks regarding any current or former employees or officers of Jolt & Planetarion or current or former clients of Jolt, where said remarks are in any way related to Planetarion: NEXT.

So yeah, big bad furball who wants to leak all the information and say nasty things about PAN

Quote:
Plus I stand by the point if you won't sign it just based on 2.4 as you stated in your initial post above, you really have some sort of self love complex you need to resolve.
I've made over 5000 posts on these forums with a majority of them about Planetarion-related issues. I didn't, and still don't see any reason to give up my ability to post freely on issues that I'm not specifically involved with.

Of course, a couple of months later I was invited to the mods team and there are numerous unwritten rules to obey if you're a mod - but those don't involve Jolt potentially suing you for damages if you breach them