View Single Post
Unread 17 Jan 2007, 15:09   #49
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: the Union Forever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
My third post i said ' i dont absolve scotland of any of the above '. And then i went to suggest that all nation states would act horrendously. But you didnt read either, so i suppose thats alright.
Then i'm completely confused on how the issue britains past and scotlands role is mapped out in your philosophy. If scotland is to blame, why point to britain?

Quote:
To focus on the future, rather than the past, we can expect Britain to enter into many more neo-imperial wars at the behest of the Americans, whereas i cant see Scotland having the desire in international terms, nor the capability to be obligated to do so.
What if a scottish president enters into the european defence force? and in a similar manner to nato is obligated to help out? The EU has pretty much the same capacity to **** everything up as the US.

You're not advocating any new political systems that will stop whatever it is you have an issue with, the influence of the multinational corporations, of american foreign policy, of EU foreign policy will be just as strong. I honetly don't know what you're trying to say now the juxtaposing of history and nationalism aside, the rest of the people of britain don't want the war in iraq and don't particularly like tony blair.

The failures aren't geographic or because of nationalism but rather institutional, you don't think an elected scottish president would support a war in iraq.

Why?!

Quote:
I wont be accused of shallow patriotism when what you are basically advocating is 'take the good with the bad and like it or lump it'. Looking forward rather than back, what international benefits does Scotland get from being associated with Britain?
You'd have to define what you mean by international benefits, what would be the difference in scottish international benefits in the EU?

Quote:
When did i say open border politics? And what bizarre world are you living in where Scotland would seek to increase its population by 600%?
I assume scotland as a fully integrated member of the EU would sign up to the schengen agreement.

I was trying to point out saying 'small' is ambigious and fairly meaningless term, would a scotland within the same borders but with a bigger population still be 'small'?