View Single Post
Unread 17 Jan 2007, 03:34   #12
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: the Union Forever?

Im somewhat indifferent to nationalisation. I do think however that if the majority of the population votes for it - it should happen. thats the point in having a vote after all, right? to do what the populace wants

Improved devolution is something i do want though. A seperate english, welsh, N.I and scottish parliament which vote on issues which solely affect those countries. there is no sense in scottish MPs being allowed to vote on things which will not affect scotland. Issues which affect britain as a whole should be voted on as normal in westminster.
I think the main reason brown is so opposed to scottish independance is that he would lose the right to vote on issues in england - and as the prospective leader of the labour party this is somewhat embarassing. Furthermore without the scottish labour votes he might have a hard time pushing anything through.