Thread: Lib Dems
View Single Post
Unread 26 Feb 2008, 01:59   #24
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Lib Dems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
I realise that it is perhaps too much to expect a man of good fortune and comfort to question his surroundings. One assumes that if one is comfortable, then things must be OK. After all do I not work for a living, am I not praised by my peers. Have I had any significant advantages? One might ask.

Surely in an society there must be some people for some jobs and some for others, that is clearly the natural order. Who would want to live in a world without bankers, lawyers, recruitment consultant, press officers and advertising executives? Imagine that nightmare. Its imperative that we reimburse such people handsomely to avoid that possibility that there could be one less spin-doctor in the world, one less estate agent.

Why only freaks and single issue parties could possibly question such a system. What a bunch of mad fools.

Perish the thought that the bewildered hurd might wish to influence the running of the country more than once every few years. Our system is centuries old, and as we all know things that are old must be good, like monarchy, organised religion and golf. Are these not the blessings of our ancestors?

There are those who might propose a system where ordinary working people have greater influence over the decisions that affect their lives. There might be those who suggest that the aim of society is not to maximise production. There might be those who question the rights of private landowners, or the right of the people who own the means of production to profit from the labour of others. there might be those who wonder aloud whether we should spend so much time and money arming undemocratic foreign governments. Fortunately you will find few of these irresponsible dreamers in the House of Commons.
If sarcasam were truth, you might well have cornered the market.