View Single Post
Unread 12 Feb 2005, 11:07   #11
Tis
Lost the Fury... :(

Tis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud ofTis has much to be proud of
Re: was'nt there....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neferti
And as for you, what the hell do you have against IPC?? You never miss a chance to slag us off. They were never founded on a policy of not attacking people! I wasn't a member til round 6 of course but I'm fairly certain that the policy was 'no massive combined fleets of top 100 planets against little noobs', and that's as far as 'no attack' went. We certainly attacked quite a bit while I was there!

They were in the game to have FUN, not play hardcore. Get over it! It's not that big a deal that someone wanted to have fun without sacrificing their entire life to a GAME..!
I understand that as a policy it was never really implemented. I am telling you what was presented to me as the basis for the alliance when one of the two founders tried to recruit me in round 1. Their exact proposal, as I recall, was an alliance that never attacked any planet that did not attack one of their own first. I leave it to your mind to envision a planetarion universe based on that exciting principle. I laughed at it then, and I am still laughing. Nothing IPC ever did came close to convincing me to rethink my first impression.

Beyond that policy is the general impression I’ve gotten of IPC as being, over the course of its history, the alliance with the highest ego to accomplishment ratio in PA. I would far less ‘against’ them if it weren’t for various individuals continual claims and statements about IPC and its stature among the planetarion alliances that were and are grossly exaggerated. It was, for all intents and purposes, a noob alliance for its entire planetarion history. I have nothing against noob alliances, and many decent players got their start in IPC. I’m even willing to call it a pretty good noob alliance, as they go. But more persistently than any other alliance out there, IPC, or certain members, seemed to insist on fabricating myths about their military credibility or political importance and that has always annoyed me.

As for your last comment, that is the excuse they’ve been giving for years. Do you think people in quality alliances DONT have fun? I find that absolutely insulting, you may enjoy getting visited more often that a $2 ho, but I prefer winning, and it doesn’t take much effort to put in a respectable showing without sacrificing ones life. I am not saying you can’t have a sucky planet and have fun (hi Zhil!), but your implication that those who actually try to do well don’t have fun is another one of those ageless IPC-related myths that cause these long winded rants of mine.

Other alliances (hirr) did a much better job of making fun their motto. They knew who they were and didn’t claim to be anything more. For IPC, fun always seemed to be an excuse for never accomplishing anything and I will continue to state my feelings every time I see them described as being "very good" at any point in their astonishingly long history of mediocrity.

I understand that this may bruise your tender little feelings, but that is my not particularly humble, and far from uneducated (hell, i 'joined' IPC 5 or 6 times over the years, huzzah for the Intel wing) opinion. You really shouldnt take it so personally.
Tis is offline   Reply With Quote