View Single Post
Unread 8 May 2008, 09:20   #49
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Remove Prelaunches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
If prelaunch is removed I'll quit playing or maybe become a scanner or something...
I'm sorry, but I cba'd to get up in the middle of the night to launch attacks & sending def. I only sleep like 6 hours every night, if I had to wake up at 3-4 am to attack i'd be getting 2-3 hours sleep max. / night. I'm simply not willing to compromise my health for planetarion (VdM in true planetarion shocker: sleep is healthy and you need it!).

I could afford to get up at night when i was still in school but with my job now I don't want to jeapordise everything for pa.
You don't have to get up in the middle of the night you fool. No one is forcing you.

Quote:
Also, here's a realistic summary of what'll happen if you remove prelaunch:
The people that can't be active during the middle of the night will launch either when they go to sleep or when they wake up. This game being mainly european based that'll be around the same time for everyone.
These players will have their attacks stopped most of the time since there'll be alot of people online then to send def.
The people that are able to get up at night will have it alot easier to land attacks, get shitloads of roids & grow alot faster than the rest.

Alot of the people that can't be online at night to send attacks will get frustrated: they grow slow, can't get roids much, ...
I predict alot of these people will quit the game.
Eventually pa will only have the hardcore players left that are able to get up at night.
Sounds like fun hu?
If everyone attacks at midnight instead of at 4AM, yes, there will be more defence available. Landing attacks will be harder, defence will become more important. The few that can be arsed to get up in the middle of the night will grow faster. But really, how many people are still willing to get up every night to launch attacks? Sure, when an alliance is planet targetting another alliance, they might be able to convince their members to get up for a night. But very few will be willing to do this throughout the round. These will be the players that usually already end in the top25, so nothing really changes. Instead of having 25 people who rarely lose roids, we get 25 people who rarely have to recall attacks.

Quote:
I wouldn't mind it if on jgp's it shows up how much ticks it is prelaunched.
This has exactly the same outcome as the original suggestion. Either they both improve PA, or neither does.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote