View Single Post
Unread 9 Nov 2007, 21:41   #12
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Re: game down - why?

Yes it is covered by their guidelines and whether this particular error was foreseen is immaterial. The point of the downtime procedure is that it covers any error regardless of its predictability.

There are 2 contingencies in the downtime procedure:

1. A problem that causes less than a tick of downtime. No Rollback, No Recalls

2 A problem that causes more than a tick of downtime. 24 hour downtime with rollback and fleet recalls.

This is rather obviously the second contingency, yet no fleet recall. How many times has PA team done the 24 hour recall with fleet recalls even though it seemed excessive just because it was procedure?

WTF changed now?

And yes, I would benefit from a fleet recall, but hey, ive been roided before and I will be roided again. All I ask is that If PA team change the downtime procedure they announce it instead of arbitrarily changing it during a downtime. The whole point of having the procedure was so we would all know what to expect. That is completely out the window now.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote