Thread: Round Length
View Single Post
Unread 2 Apr 2009, 06:20   #68
Grog
Benevolent Dictator

Grog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud ofGrog has much to be proud of
Re: Round Length

How about rounds without predetermined lengths?

I'm thinking after 7 weeks the planets in the top 50% scores of the active universe get a chance to vote to end the round.

If at any point 70% of the top 50% have voted to end the round, then the universe is notified & the round ends in 48 ticks.

So if there was 1k active planets, then 500 of them would have the opportunity to vote & 350 of them would be needed to have the votes to end the round.

If after 10 weeks no vote to end the round has been reached, then the round ends normally.

There should be a place to check the voting proccess in the universe rankings page & you should be able to switch your vote back & forth until a conclusion has been reached.
Anyone qualified to vote & not logging in for 72 ticks should automatically get added to the yes votes.

This way rounds have the ability to play themselves out when need be & the players have the ability to put an end to rounds that have already reached the inevitable conclusion.

:-) The % numbers I went with may need tweaking, but I think the basic idea would work.
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote