View Single Post
Unread 25 Feb 2007, 06:26   #44
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of
Re: We should just send the entire family

I have nothing but respect for the American (and British) armed forces. Killing is in no way their 'job', they are merely trained to defend themselves.

Anyone who talks down armed forces should really shut there mouth unless they've been in said armed forces and have the right to bitch about it. I have never done so, and therefore I would not dream to put them down.

This is regardless of whether or not I agree with them being where they're at, they all knew when they singed up there was the probability of going to war, and since there's no current draft in the US, they did all volunteer. Many of them after the war started. They didn't join to go out and kill people, or because they wanted the chance, they did it because they felt it there duty to do so, and if you call that blind patriotism, then so be it, but it was there choice.