View Single Post
Unread 9 Dec 2009, 15:32   #297
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Round 34 officially over

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Yeah, to be honest given the quality shown I don't think any possible political strategy would have worked beyond the "do something to try and split apprime/ascendancy and hope for a miracle" one. Which would still leave ascendancy or apprime top and only mean you managed to kill one alliance which for a block of five alliances including the top 2 alliances when it started is such a bad return I'd like to advise you all to invest in my rocks that keep away tigers scheme.
I must admit that i didn't expect us to fail so miserably.
In terms of quality of players and activity Asc and Apprime are just too much for any other alliance. Politically, i think that in a round where the two alliances are playing, the chance of a third alliance ending #1 is close to zero.
We can either cry ourselves to sleep or we can try and make the round interesting. Even when the round victory has been decided, there's still plenty of time and room left for more fighting, and although Asc+App will have complete control of the round, it will not be as bad as other block rounds, where stagnation killed the round weeks before it ended.