View Single Post
Unread 6 Nov 2006, 21:25   #47
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: 654,965 Dead Iraqis Later

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
That's a bit of an irrelevent aside, as invading (and occupying) was a course of action without speculation on what would happen if it came to pass. It's like being asked if you want Cod or Salmon for dinner and announcing "Cod, the other one's a fish!"
Oh, i'm not denying that the US/Coalition occupation was extremely poorly planned and based upon rediculous assumptions; mainly that the Iraqi people would swarm to the 'liberators' and immediately help them as much as possible, praise the ground that GIs and Marines stood upon and freely blow them at their request.

I'm really hoping that the major lesson learnt from this whole debacle by the US military is not only to plan for victory - something they are actually very good at - but also plan for occupation.

Besides, i prefer Salmon over Cod .

Last edited by Ultimate Newbie; 6 Nov 2006 at 21:45.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote