View Single Post
Unread 1 Dec 2010, 16:33   #47
Light
You've Seen The Light

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why have the extra week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkie View Post
Yes, I'm playing the game so I can have fun. Also known as entertainment, which you know, is usually why people play games.

What's wrong with PA is that the game is DESIGNED bad. It's really the people making/running the game who have the responsibility to make it fun for everyone else, not the people playing the game. Now sure, I think the people running IMP are a bunch of retarded spastics for doing what they did, but that's more the case of not seeing the fun in cruising along, obviously not even trying to be competitive. We tried (and have tried many times before, often succeeding), but when it was obvious we were getting nowhere, some people quit, some of us decided to find other ways to get ENTERTAINMENT.
but isnt that what the community usually argues against? That people dont want the PA Team to set limits and stop people doing things out-of-the-box. If we take the tag limit as an example which is often complained against by Asc (I dont like it either), when we look at the reality of the situation.. can we really trust the community not to all flock to 1 alliance if we got rid of the tag limit? or 2 big alliances who nap, then theres not enough people left to block against them.

We've usually got all these limits on gameplay and design flaws, as the community does something crap and the PA Team tries to artifically correct the problem, which results in a worse game overall as it gets rid of diverse strategys and pigeonholes everyone.

There is a major problem which needs fixing though, when as you say.. hitting a training alliance is more fun than at least trying to hit the top alliance(s).

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B5]Londo View Post
Justify? Everyone else can justify their inaction before we justify ours given we are the only ones who tried. This is directly why the top alliance must be fought every round, not just because they become too strong (.. and ptarget tof...) but because it forces everyone to bottom feed because they have no hope of landing on the top alliances. Your complaints make the case for having done something about the stagnation a week or three ago better than any arguments we made at the time.
The middle alliances are part of the universe system aswell and have an interest in driving the wars as much as the t5 allies, it seems they had forgotten that, even without imp it would have been possible with all the allies. Though the crashes might have been too much!

Extending the round, i understand why they have too in payment terms but it does just perpetuate the misery.
I know most people have been crap this round, except for Apprime as you cant really blame them for saying 'yes' to a easy win.

but everyone else being crap, is not an excuse or a reason for Asc to be crap. Im just disappointed that when Imp decided to be crap, Asc didnt bother trying but instead quit with there remaining players hitting a training alliance. For the past 8ish rounds, ive come to look at Asc as an alliance which punishes those alliances who play shit.. So Its just a shock to see how much Asc has fallen in terms of skill, strategy, and politics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev View Post
You seem to be ignoring the fact that they attacked us first. What are they meant to be being trained in? Getting easy roids without retaliation on the back of a better alliance?

Perhaps we're (Not me, admittedly, I haven't launched a fleet in weeks) actually giving them an important lesson in not getting themselves used as flak by Imperia.
I heard that Asc had been FC'd horde before the RR incident (dont know if thats true or not), thats why i ignore that 'fact'.

Anyway, i agree with you; There are no proper training alliances in PA. ********** was lucky that in our community we had a quirky, sometimes strange player who loved helping people. So he setup a proper training alliance which semi-nap'd every top alliance (semi-nap'd.. they would never actively target the training alliance but the training alliance could hit there smaller players in smaller galaxys as galaxy raids). Then once a player knew the basics of the game, he'd personally get them invited into an alliance which suits there activity.. sometimes, it'd be the best alliance in the game at that time due to the new players high activity, sometimes it'd be a casual/noob alliance.

It does annoy me sometimes, that so called 'training' alliances have big planets (which should of been instructed to join another alliance now they know how to play) or that 'training' alliances actively engage in the rounds politics.

So, i do agree with you that the horde isnt a proper training alliance.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote