Thread: Marketing
View Single Post
Unread 16 Apr 2009, 12:28   #10
GReaper
The BOFH

GReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant futureGReaper has a brilliant future
Re: Marketing

I think VdM is right here, spending any effort on advertising whilst the game is in it's current state is pointless. It'll either be a waste of time or money if you actually go and buy advert space.

The game needs to become something I'd recommend to friends before you even think about it. Ask the question to yourself, would you recommend this game to anyone you know? I personally wouldn't bother, chances are they wouldn't understand how to play because it's just too unfriendly and complex to the average user. Even if they did manage to get started they'd probably get bashed quickly.

Only once a new user can join the game and actually stick around for long enough should any attempts at marketing be made.
GReaper is offline   Reply With Quote