View Single Post
Unread 2 Feb 2006, 03:34   #17
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: [BBC news]were they right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
I agree that muslims may get offended.

However, there are many groups that get offended. Take Catholics for example (shit example I know but everyone loves some catholic bashing) to a certain extent jews are branded in a bad light and the old prejudices are still there. I dont think its wholy religion I think its a group of people. Take gays for example or single mums or nerds. Each group are mocked, but taking it on the chin and not over reacting is something that we all need to learn. The muslims arent alone on this.

Indeed they should stand up for it if it offends them, and your right you cant take the piss out of certain groups. They are called the jews.
But when you're mocking said groups, you mock them for the stereotype e.g., Jews are gold-diggers. The Jews might get offended by that. Say "Muslims are suicide bombers" and there won't be as much of an uproar* as "your prophet's a paedo".

I take the piss out of my indian friend by making references to Apu from the Simpsons but I don't go to as far as "you lot drink piss, that's ****ing retarded". I personally don't believe in taking the piss out of someone's belief.

My £0.02 anyway.

*I know they caused an uproar when that Kilroy dude made comments about the arabs.

P.S. Don't get me wrong, I agree with you. Take it on the chin and move on.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote