View Single Post
Unread 30 Mar 2008, 08:21   #11
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Change to Protection Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbie2
It’s the only time I can make it to the top10.
Podbuilders

More seriously, I would like Protection to be faster and more enjoyable, but I do think efforts to keep it more tactical is important: protection is one of the few times when everyone has the opportunity to follow different paths and can clearly see the results, and this is good.

This suggestion seems to fit then bill then; it makes decisions on how best to optimise your planet remains critical, whilst at the same time speeding it up so that you dont sit around waiting for 8 hours for that research that *everyone* does to finish, just so you can start the next one which *everyone* does as well. That isnt fun, i dont reckon.

Problems wrt the shuffle are important though, especially guaging activity. These will need to be addressed first before it can proceed.

Perhaps you have two options: a "hardcore" start whereby you have xyz research and construction points to allocate before the first tick (represeting 72 ticks worth of research and construction), thus you can start essentially immediately, or a more "guided" approach which is essentially what its like now, as it gives newer players the chance to get to know what's going on before they start getting attacked?
Or some middle ground?
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote