Thread: Jay
View Single Post
Unread 13 Mar 2006, 22:12   #11
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I don't really give a shit if it was popular or critically aclaimed or what. It was vastly superior to his later movies.
J&SBSB was an abortion of a movie. Remember the "clit commander" joke? I do because I wanted to die for the entirety of that scene.

J&SB are probably two of the weaker characters in the View Askew universe. They're not too bad as side characters (as in Clerks or Chasing Amy) but where they have a larger role it tends to go badly.
I have to agree, the Clit Commander joke was unbelievably cringeworthy. That said, a huge amount of the failure of that movie to me was Will Ferrell, who just doesnt seem to translate at all across the pond.

I think the problem that Smith has is that Clerks was one of those kind of films that you either love or hate, and filming it in black and white made him seem remotely artsy, which anyone whos watched An Evening With Kevin Smith, knows is nothing like the guy.

Hes just basically kept doing what hes been doing, the quality of what hes doing isnt falling, hes just being perceived differently now because hes established, so he isnt taking as many risks and a lot of his comedy is cliche.

Alas, thats what an american cinema audience wants, hence why hes becoming less popular with a lot of people.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote