View Single Post
Unread 19 Aug 2011, 16:55   #30
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Appoco: I ask somewhere else :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsan View Post
Well, they spent some money to buy this game so I'd expect Jagex to do something. Maybe they let PA die on purpose to use the name for their own upcomming game? I don't know... All I know is that Jagex is another owner in the sad history of pa owners.
If you check the other Jagex thread, you will notice that there are more people who also feel that the value of the current PA is just the name / domain of the game. At one point it was also the playerbase, but the playerbase has been in constant decline. In order for Jagex to get more of the game, the game itself needs to be of appeal to more people. This will only happen if the game changes to attract more casual gamers.
Now, this is my opinion, there are other people that feel that this change would actually kill PA. Although you should ask yourself from the owners perspective, what is the point of keeping alive a game that has around 900 players, with an estimated 600 paying accounts. That is an estimated 3000 € per round. With let's say 6 rounds per year we are looking at a gross income of 18000 € from which you still need to deduct the cost of servers / bandwidth. If they have to pay staff to work on game maintenance, I doubt that this game is very profitable.

I started playing last round again as i was nostalgic to see what happened to PA after 2 or so years of being away, but it seems that noone in charge has had the balls to make a change that actually brings more players to this game. I also bought a 3 credit pack, so i'll be around for 2 more rounds, after which i will most probably quit again if Pa stays the way it is. A pity actually, i like this game, but the way it is designed doesn't fit my "rythm".