View Single Post
Unread 12 Apr 2007, 13:44   #8
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Football] Arsenal

Lauren has lost about 3 stone since he moved to portsmouth and doesnt look half the defender to me.

The number one problem arsenal have is overrating their players, its as simple as that.

Yeah, hleb works hard, hes a battler, he leaves it all on the field, etc etc etc etc. Thats not the #1 characteristic you want in a winger - its a bonus, but only on the same level as a center half having a powerful shot. He doesnt provide width or constitute a real penetrative attacking threat. Eboue does provide that width with his pace, but every time ive watched him ive not been convinced he can actually defend.

I could go on and on and categorise all arsenal players faults and weaknesses but it wouldnt really get us anywhere.

In summary;

You probably should have sold Henry at the start of the season but who would have known that he would decline so noticeably just in one year. Cutting your losses might still be a way to go about things, though its not clear who could possibly be brought in to play the henry role. Adebayor i thought was absolutely mince when he first came but has turned into a decent powerhouse striker; if you could actually use his aerial attributes more often and play more than one type of football, not only would that be beneficial in itself but it would also help your running game too with the added unpredictability the target man striker would add. Van persie was playing brilliant before he got crocked and his injury was merely unfortunate.

I have absolutely no idea why any of you think Theo walcott is a potential world beating striker and not just an athlete. Very strangely (especially for an arsenal player, being as they are mostly cocky arrogant shits) he is too timid and not sure of himself at all and i havent been impressed by his end product in the slightest. Maybe its just because its one of the few fees youve paid that you're desperate for him to succeed?

The question for me is whether people are making too much of arsenal's youth system. Its all very well saying 'we have denilson, diaby, lupoli' etc, who are clearly decent/good players NOW - whats to say theyll ever get better than 'good' players? 'good' players dont win you titles, they are squad players and cover.

Arsenal will always be there or there abouts because of their youth system and because of Wenger, but i have my doubts whether they can actually step up to the next level while they lack versatility, lack width, lack goals from midfield, and are very much a confidence team.

Personally i found their collapse this season pretty hilarious after having to put up with all that 'o arsenal's second team is better than most teams first team' crap.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote