View Single Post
Unread 12 Apr 2007, 13:00   #4
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: [Football] Arsenal

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Walcott looks very good but obviously needs time to mature - I almost feel that a season out on loan for him at a Premiership club such as Blackburn
Yes please .

Bentley has worked out great for us, maybe he is what you are missing? He plays on the right wing mostly for us, which I don't think he really did with Arsenal, he seemed to be more central when he got a game. He provides us with excellent width, can take on any full back and is an excellent crosser or the ball. He seems to provide the width and willingness to cross a ball that Arsenal lack. Rather than trying to pass the ball in to the back of the net sometimes you need to get to the by line and whip the ball in for someone to knock in.

This moves me on to what I see as Arsenals main problem. You can't/won't play ugly football. I love watching Arsenal, it truely is a joy to behold the way you pass and move with one touch football but sometimes you have to win ugly. Both Man U and Chelsea are willing to lump the ball forward if it gets to the last 10 minutes and they are drawing or behind whereas Arsenal carry on trying to thread the eye of a needle and fail to break down the likes of Bolton. As well as width what you need it a predatory striker, which Henry is not. Somebody who is willing to do the dirty work and pop up in the 6 yard box every other game and get you a scrappy goal. Solskjaer, Owen hell even Matty Derbyshire. That in my eyes is what prevents Arsenal from challenging for the Premiership at the moment.

I've just thought of one other thing, Veira. In his last season he was poor but like Gerrard he had the ability to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and drag Arsenal back in to a winning position. As great as Fabregas is he can't do that. He doesn't have the physical prowess of Veira and can be easily overpowered when he has Savage or Nolan snapping at his heels for 90 minutes.

Seems several people have beaten me to the point while I was typing as slow as a blind spastic.