Thread: Job-Hunting
View Single Post
Unread 4 Jul 2006, 17:18   #9
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Job-Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
\o/ PLD US FOR SAYING THE SAME THINGS AT THE SAME TIME \o/

P.S. Now that you know how shitty it's gonna be are you totally demoralised yet ASG?
Atleast hes finding out before getting all the rejection letters That was probally the most demorilising parts for me, your told all along through your degree that a degree opens up so many opertunities and makes finding employment easy (and before uni too, at college the careers advisor pretty much told everyone that with a degree youd walk into any job you wanted) so you apply thinking "I may not have the skills but I have a degree so the jobs mine" only to get bombarded with rejection letters even for those your qualified for.

Atleast now he will know how hard it is to get the start and he wont waste the time many do thinking its going to be easy. You have to be agressive and really go fo it. Apply for anything that intrests you, even if you dont have the skills they want as it can open doors or someone might see something in the CV they like and may give you a chance. Send spec letters out to companies and not just 1 or 2, your looking for 10's or even 100's.

Also as Dante mentioned, employment agencies are a good start and dont be afriad of temping to get extra skills for your cv
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew

Last edited by wakey; 4 Jul 2006 at 17:23.
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote