View Single Post
Unread 3 May 2010, 13:45   #141
Abort
Dumb Yankee

Abort has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: See you in 72 ticks cardi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
Well now, since it turns out you are actually a psych student, it becomes a lot more enjoyable to disprove this diagnosis.

PDD and Aspergers both would almost require a diminished linguistic capability and/or development. I would like to think that it is quite obvious my capacity for precise linguistic expression is in no way diminished, in fact I'd dare suggest the opposite is true. In terms of development, I have always been a very vocal person, and by the age of 3 I had picked up Swedish, Finnish and English. However, my reading and writing ability did develop late in comparison with my speaking ability, which is indicative of ADHD.

Secondly, both your diagnosis would require some degree of social awkwardness, and although I'll gladly admit I don't suffer fools gladly, I do not suffer from social isolation, quite the contrary.

Finally, Aspergers is associated with a more visual way of thinking and often synesthesia. I do not experience synesthesia, and further more visual/spacial thinking is my weakest point. I am instead squarely sat on the logical/linguistic end of the thinking spectrum.

The ADHD diagnosis is about 3 years old and was conducted over a period of 6months, with input from a neuropsychologist who specializes in ADHD as well as two psychiatrists. It is quite rigorously done, although tyvm for your concern.

Have you considered switching subjects to something which you are not completely inept at? Since quite clearly, you have no talent for psychology.
Hahaha. Bravo.

But... even though you're right... you'll never be right with these idiots Sun, so why bother trying?

At the end of the day, 8:3 still got trampled, vacation mode or not. Hanzi can sit in here and say "blah blah blah App will defend them and you will crash" but as far as I saw, the only planets that actually got defended were the DLR and CT ones? But eh, if it makes you feel better to ignore the obvious... Cheers!