View Single Post
Unread 31 May 2007, 14:45   #16
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Help me Obi-GD, you're my only hope!

Phang made a very big list. I shall cut it down to bands I strongly recommend you go and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
Patrick Wolf: YES. <--- could not agree more. Wind in the Wires is superb
Amy Winehouse: She's good, and nobody has a bad word to say about her live. Unless you hate jews. <---Back to Black is a good album, produced by Mark Ronson I believe. Funny drunk, watch Never Mind the Buzzcocks
The Who: saw them last summer, better than I could have hoped. <---Can't be missing them, get Who's Next, if nothing else
The Stooges: They weren't too good at Reading two years ago but hey, it's Iggy. <---not a big fan, but he's a legend.
The Specials: Go and see them or I'll kill your face. <---nothing more needs to be said
Mark Ronson: dance, noes, but I suspect will be excellent.<---heard a lot of good things about him. Probably best to get Version, the new album.
madness: yes. <---Seen them a few time s now. Classic songs and good for a laugh. Download One Step Beyond.
fatboy slim: oh no dance music oh no <---Different to the vast majority of dance music by being, wait for it, good! I'd recommend You've Come A Long Way Baby
pete doherty: if you manage to see his acoustic set count yourself lucky. i imagine his press rep will put you off instantly though because good heavens he took drugs <---this is a must see. If you're VERY lucky you might even get to see a performance with Carl Barat from the Libertines, though I wouldn't hold my breath. Probably best to get Up the Bracket by the Libertines for this one. Although a previous acoustic show like this, may give allow a greater knowledge of the songs played
bloc party: ****ing ace. see them. <---May as well get both albums.
babyshambles: see above entries for bjork and pete doherty.<---Another must see. Get Down in Albion, but you have to give it a chance, it's long and messy.
arcade fire: well, they're pretty much the second coming of christ spread out over seven band members and some touring sessionists so yeah, I'd say you should see them. <---I'd say to go and see this band. Do not be put off by indifferent opinions or claims that they are heathens. their music is ok and one day they might FINALLY be accepted in the mainstream.
lily allen: this depends. if you've got over the initial urge to declare fatwah that she instilled in most people, i reckon she'll be good fun. not if not. <---Alright, Still is a happy little album with very musical work and some witty lyrics. It won't blow your mind but it should be entertaining.
Disclaimer: many of the other bands I have never heard of/not listened to/have no strong feelings on way or the other. Yet I think that would be a good weekend with money well spent.

Edit: A lot of these acts have greatest hits out. Whereas I would normally recommend albums (as I have done above), for a festival they will probably only bing out their big hits so you can't really go wrong with a pre-prepared selection.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.

Last edited by All Systems Go; 31 May 2007 at 15:16.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote