View Single Post
Unread 9 Aug 2008, 13:36   #15
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
Re: Complaint about ship-stats

I think that in some ways the basics are still kept too

terran init is still the highest of the races apart from zik... tho I admit there is probably a problem with the peg and harpy, I would probably put their init up to 6 and boost their armor yet further.

the xan all has good initiative, particularly for cr, I dont see why fast has to mean fast in terms of how long they take to get to the target. They still have 3 of their main race characteristics relatively light armor, cloak and are hard hitting.

cathaar again I dont see any problem with them being slower, I dont see why speed should be seen as a basic for an advanced race. cat in r24 and r25 was cr and fr so I dont see the difference.

and zik certainly have a lot of stealers...

etd well... as you say they dont really have any characteristics which is rather a shame, tho I do like the cloak/emp combination tbh, tho I dont like both their attack fleets being primarily emp fleets with no need for the cloaked ships.

(I think we should make rather greater use of the range of avaliable initiatives, there seems to have been an attempt to squeeze inmitiatives down and have a lot of ships firing at once, why dont we see initiative 10-19?)

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote