View Single Post
Unread 9 Aug 2008, 12:49   #1
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about
Complaint about ship-stats

I got online this morning and took a look at the shipstats after a small break from PAs last round.

i instantly felt..ANGRY!

From i signed up many years ago for my first Planetarion planet i was instantly hooked. All my classmates played the game and we would talk about it between classes. I remember i first learned how to initiate roids by asking a friend when our class was on a field-trip and the first thing i did when i came home was to navigate through the space with the right research/construction to gain Asteroid Scans!
From there my skills expanded every month and every year and before the 4 races Terran, Cathaar, Xandathrii and Zikonian was implemented i was a living planetarion Manual and i loved this game and its possibilities.

My favorite moments from before these new stats were implemented i, was the Battleship/spectre, roidscans, red and green galstatus looking like christmastrees!, the life on irc with people everywhere! huge alliances with the mysterious people called HCs who had OP in the channels but never said anything!! the huge blocks making the game fun for 70% of the players every round! SPINNER! , worldcup! , private galaxies and the combat for becoming the GC in a galaxy to gain 10% miningbonus!

i could go on forever because this game has been a part of my life for almost 8 years or so. Ive had long and short breaks from it but i never left the community. Even though i was studying, working or for some reason was busy with real life i would always stop by the planetarion irc, later called netgamers irc to check out on friends of mine and how they were doing in this game because i always knew i would come back once my life would allow it.

NO NEED TO SAY I HAVE FEELINGS FOR THIS GAME!

when the 4 main races was implemented it was a great adjustment to the game and we started pressing these stats to our chest and we learned about the different races.

Cath was the most advanced race in the universe and therefore they managed to put use to EMP technology into their weaponsystem so they would not harm their targets when they took the asteroids to make sure their species survived.

Xan was like the old swordmen, who sacrificed armor to be able to use both their hands on the sword and increased movementspeed. Their damage was greatly increased for this sacrifice of armor.

Terran was the race we can compare to knights with superior armor which made it possible to run over their enemy with minor losses. They were heavy and slow but were incredibly hard to stop

Zikonian was a race i didnt insantly get any relation to or could compare to anything. They were stealing other races ships to use them for their own good. a pretty advanced race with huge possibilities which i learned to love, and ive played it many rounds later.

WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY HERE!

terran with FAST SHIPS? and NO battleships?
xan with SLOW SHIPS?
cath with no fast ships!!?? and this is the most advanced race in universe?
Zikonian looks fun but really they have no defence whatsoever against anything else then CO and CR. and CO is pretty much not present in the game

whoever made these stats are changing PA-culture here and how the stats represent their homeplanets. Change the game sure and i will learn to love it but do not change the FOUNDATION! of a race!

I WILL NOT PAY TO PLAY THIS GAME AS I NO LONGER LIKE IT!
im not even reading the rest of the manual!

sorry for the minor typos. i make them when im angry and write fast...
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote