View Single Post
Unread 10 Jul 2008, 20:55   #27
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Ascendancy ‘giving something back’

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
ct/nd to hit asc (game!)
but is it?

I mean really, CT or ND have the power to end this poll nonsense if they really want to (although I'm fully in support of the poll).

Let us suppose they both hit ascendancy. In the end the loser of the poll is going to be hit hard on the last few days and will be at risk of losing planetarion because Ascendancy will have every reason to save their fleets to hit the loser of the poll. I have no doubt that if the clock ticks to 48 hours and neither alliance does anything to stop it, Ascendancy will carry out their threat to the letter, regardless of the outcome because they have nothing to lose here.

So ultimately, while hitting Ascendancy is certainly an option, it comes with the risk to being at the mercy of a poll on AD (needless to say, I am looking out for any kind of abuse to this poll) and ultimately losing. I mean, if you're hitting Ascendancy but losing in the poll, why would you not attempt to seek a settlement? If you're winning, why would you hit an alliance that ultimately, could help you kill off your opponent with ease?

Naturally, there are several permutations and having thought them through, the risks to either of not doing anything are certainly quite real. I'm amused to see how the HC of either alliance will react.

I have no preference for either for the record as my involvement in the round so far is minimal and it's not really for me to judge or determine how my alliance decides to behave. But like many in Ascendancy, I like a good social experiment, and this one seems as good as any.