View Single Post
Unread 7 May 2009, 23:23   #26
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold
Re: Some further observations

I played rounds 1-5 then returned in round 16. Things weren't THAT hard to pick up once you set your mind to it. If people want to play the game they'll learn.

While i'm not criticising your opinions kal, a lot of them seem to be based on how the game used to be. "lets bring that back, that used to be a good idea" sort of thing. I might be misinterpreting what you're saying though. If i am i apologise.

Obviously i'm in F-crew and we see a lot of people come and go each round. Many have played previous rounds and a common question is "what happened to PDS?". I suppose the game seems normal to people who never stopped playing it because of the constant change, and people who have taken many rounds out might be intimidated by the large differences. But revisiting old methods and functions seems like taking a step back.

I can see your concern regarding planets getting wiped out through multiple waves though and we reiterate to our recruits the prelaunch function and the "ships are more important than roids" philosophy and i agree this isn't made apparent enough in the build up to end of protection.

My apologies for waffling but thought i'd share some experiences I've had with people in the same boat as you.

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote