View Single Post
Unread 6 May 2009, 23:51   #5
r2baz

r2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to allr2baz is a name known to all
Re: Some further observations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Multi tick defence might help a bit, because the same defence fleet can be used to defend two attacking fleets. You'd be forced to send same-class attacks several ticks apart. On the other hand, it'd be easy to send a cr/bs fleet for tick X and a fi/co fleet for tick X+1. The defence for the cr/bs fleet has already launched by the time the fi/co show up, and the defence sent could easily die. I am certain there are several unexpected side effects to this as well.
I quite like this idea. Although if you give people the choice whether to defend for 1 or 2 ticks (when they launch there fleet) then you could limit "surprises" So you could pick which tick you wanted to defend and if your defense fleet could help for 2 ticks then you pick to let it stay for 2 ticks etc The defenders would get more XP. It could though, make it v.hard to defend against and then the pendulum has swung the other way!

I still like the idea......
r2baz is offline   Reply With Quote