Thread: Your Life
View Single Post
Unread 11 Apr 2005, 02:31   #30
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of
Re: Your Life

20 year old student at Birmingham, from Lincoln.

Studentdom:
Studying English. The course is interesting in part, but sometimes feels stale. I love the subject, when I bother to study. I love books, when I bother to read. I lack motivation; or rather, the discipline to actually do what I am motivated by. I have dreams, I just can't seem to actually get off my arce to follow them. I am criminally poor at essay writing. Not that the finished result isn't passable, it's just that it takes me hours, days to start the thing; and hours more to finally finish it. Been getting high 2:1s, although I don't think I have handed in an essay that hasn't been started in the wee hours of the day it should be handed in.

Employment:
Generally too lazy to bother looking for regular work, at least while at University. In the holidays I plan to work with my sister in a 'kids' club' type thing, though that is by no means finalised. I have no specific plans for the future, though I am beginning to wonder if I should have. I think perhaps I would like to do a Masters, although I am struck by the realistion that I really do not know what a 'Masters' consists of. I've considered Journalism, but it seems an overly cynical and ruthless trade.

Social Life:
I don't drink. I don't do drugs. I don't particularly enjoy clubbing (though I think this may partly be due to the clubs I frequent). Bars frustrate me, as they should be a happy medium between home and a club; somewhere to talk, have some drinks, listen to music and be generally merry. They always turn out to be too expensive to drink and too loud to talk. I have some good friends at home, and a good Church. I have excellent flatmates and some good friends on my course at university. I don't have lots and lots of close friends. I'm quite gregarious, but only once I get used to my surroundings. Better at making acquantencies than friends, perhaps.

Love Life:
Non-existant. I don't think I'm strikingly ugly, at least. But I've never looked for a girlfriend really. It's always seemed strange to me that people enter relationships without the slightest intention of their lasting beyond school or university. A casual relationship is almost an oxymoron, in my opinion. I suppose I'm waiting rather hopefully for 'the one', naive as it may sound, though I would not want to enter into a serious relationship with someone who wasn't a Christian, which narrows the field a bit (so to speak).

Life is far from gloomy though. I have a really great family (8 of us, bit like a tribe), and I believe quite firmly in something that is inherently hopeful. The future is daunting though.

Last edited by Boogster; 11 Apr 2005 at 03:12.
Boogster is offline   Reply With Quote