Thread: Your Life
View Single Post
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 20:53   #21
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Your Life

Education

Currently sititng in my second year, with a lack of motivation, im getting 2:1 on essays, where I rarely read for I just go to the library the night before get the books I need and write the essay in one night. Im pretty confident I can get first if I could be bothered, but thats the whole problem. ATM I should be revising but I just cant be bothered too, soon enough I will get the motivation back when I feel the pressure. This is worrying, because although im still achieving regular good grades, I should be aiming for a first all the way. im not quite sure why im not I dont know. Its just I cant be bothered to do something unless I really have too, the same went for my A levels and GCSEs and the same for my first year exams at uni. This is a problem for me, I want a good grade, but atm cant be bothered to put the effort in for it, I can get a 2:1 with some work, but I see more work being done for a first. However the main problem is come the third year I write a longer dissertation than I have written this year, I believe its 25,000 words, and I have two terms to write it, now this shouldnt be a problem, but once again its motivation and this issue of the deadline not being tommorow so I dont have to do the work thing. We will see. Career wise im still unsure of what I want to do, I have ideas, just nothing really jumps out at me saying "work for me for the next 40 years of your life"....

Money

Money has been a weird thing, I had a serious drout of money pre xmas, and was struggling to find enough money to buy food, pay rent, bills etc. In the end a friend bailed me out (I bailed him out with a loan of £1200 6 months earlier) They money dissapeared, and I had nfi idea where. So come the second term I had considerably less money, about £300 to live off for 10 weeks, im surprised but I managed really well and budgeted very well. I went out each week, and got hammered and still enjoyed the occasional meal out. The problem is that it was a weird lifestyle, not actually being able to do little things like buy a coke, a mcdonalds, kebabs, newspapers etc, little things you do alot. So I took up online gambling and seemed rather succseful at it, giving myself an average of an extra £25 a week to have a night out, from a couple of hours of work at Sit and Go tables. Ive also got past my addiction to fruit machines, and have got past putting a lot of money on roulette at bookies, I now bet in one form which is £1 accumaltors on football, where I can win £4000, once a week In about one week I will have close to £1000 to spend which will be good and atm I have saved £2500 plus my trust fund matures on my 20th bday, giving me a further £7500 equalling £10000 which will clear my overdraft and be a good start for a deposit on a house etc. Im no longer worried about money that much, and stayed away from gettin a second student account!

Social life

Its good in my opinion, I go out once a week to get hammered no fail, and then normally mondays, wednesdays and thursdays, I have a good group of friends and seem to always have a good time with both the male and female members of the group. My only regret is that sometimes I feel stuck in this group of friends, and I just want to hang out with some other people, this kind of got rectified last term, which means that I have a group of m8s who i drink with, then another group who are close friends and we eat, drink, talk and party together, so im content. Back at home my social life is awesome, as we are a group of friends who have grown up with each other since we were 5, we kinda think on the same lines, which is cool and its always nice to go home.

Romance

Lol, a weird one, after splitting up with my long term gf it took me a long time to get back on the scene. I then built up my confidence again this year and have just been chatting up as many women as I can, sometimes I get laughed up, sometimes blanked, but sometimes it can be rewarding, its all about trying, over and over again. Its confidence too, you look confident, a guy with good looks cant have that, Im confident in my manner, the way i stand, dress and talk, this has helped me alot with girls, not great looking but ive really turned a new leaf in women. ironically the girl that I am now dating is from my group of very close friends, she also rejected me at first, which was cool as it meant that I didnt have to try anything special around her "she said she wanted to be friends" so I wa her friend, and she then approached me to go out. Im happy with her but when I go back to brum I will still play around, boys will be boys, but what she doesnt know wont hurt her at all.

All in all life is good, im in my prime, im quite content, no major gripes. we all have ups and downs, just gotta deal with it and move on