Thread: Your Life
View Single Post
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 19:16   #18
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Re: Your Life

Education/Work

I'm coming to the end of my 4 Year Physics Masters. At some stages I really couldn't be bothered with it and was pretty lazy/apathetic on certain bits when I probably should have worked harder. I'll probably come out with a 2:1 though i'm right on the boundary between a 2:1 and a 1st so it could go either.

A lot of the course was just read this, regurgitate in exam and I found it really hard to care about. By far the most interesting and rewarding bits have been the 3rd and 4th year projects and on the basis of these i've applied for and been accepted onto a PhD at the same university.

This is something that I feel I can do really well on, as opposed to just going along with it. I seriously intend to put the effort in and acomplish something.

Money

I'm pretty much broke as most students tend to be. I have enough to live on and pay the bills/etc and go out occassionally so it could be a lot worse.

Social Life

The thing I should probably mention here is I don't really drink. I can go out and have a good time but rarely get drunk. I'd say this is mostly a control issue. I don't like being out of control of a situation.

I have lots of friends but one of the things that worries me sometimes is that i'm not particularly bothered whether I see the majority of them or not. I have a few really good friends who I'd miss if they weren't around but there's a lot of people i'd class as friends that I wouldn't really miss.

Love Life

Been going out with my girlfriend for about 18 months. We've been living together at Uni for the past 7 months or so and things are really good. I love her and she is going to be the person I marry some day and I know she feels the same. I'm not sure what else there is to say here and too much lovey stuff will probably make people vomit

This Place

I thought I should give this place a mention. We haven't had any internet connection for the past 7 months apart from at Uni for a few minutes between lectures so I haven't posted on here for what seems like an age. I was pleasantly surprised that I haven't really missed the internet in general apart from the annoyance of not being able to do work at home and having to travel into Uni. I did however miss this place a bit and it's very easy to just ignore the outside world when you're on here. Whether that's a good thing or not i've not really decided yet.

(I reckon that should be enough to prove Stew wrong and get the longest post )
Edit: No where near
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote