Thread: Your Life
View Single Post
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 18:44   #16
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future
Re: Your Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I think perhaps that's better though. Because you only spent a bit of time with her, you had a great time with her and so never left the honeymoon period. Leaving it as it is at the moment means you'll have a really positive view on the whole thing. If you spent more time together, it might end up that you don't really get along that well when it's more intense

(speaking from experience)
Yeah, I know you're definately right there - and don't get me wrong, I'm happy that it happened, and i have wondered if we were together more often whether we'd have as good a relationship as we had when we were further apart. The problem is now I guess I'll always be wondering what might have been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
That's a good view to have. If you start to decide what you want to do now, no doubt something will go wrong and you'll be stuck with no plans at all.

Why don't your parents want you to be a teacher?

What are you planning on doing at uni? French and German?
Yeah, French and German with the option of starting another language. My parents don't want me to be a teacher mainly because they don't think teachers get paid enough. They say that if I were to use my languages in a business environment I would get paid more, and obviously this is true, but it's not all about the money, and I can see myself really enjoying teaching - I don't think they see it the same way. They won't stop me from doing what I want, but they'll always disapprove and stick in the odd comment about getting stabbed/shot/verbally abused here or there to try and make me change my mind.