Thread: Your Life
View Single Post
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 18:12   #11
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Your Life

Employment and Location

I am currently in the 2nd year of an Accounting and Economics degree. I did apply for some summer graduate jobs but kept messing up in interviews as apparently I don't have enough leadership examples to talk about. Picked up an executive position on one of my university societies to try and solve this. Instead I will be getting a summer job in my fathers local firm for about 6 weeks over July and August which will be decent experience.

After my degree I am considering doing a masters and then hopefully getting a place on a graduate programme of one of the big accountancy firms. Not sure I want to do that all my life though but it is something I enjoy and has decent starting money so will hopefully put me in a better position to choose something I would really like to do later on in life. I would like to go into politics but I am not sure it is something that I would actually enjoy overall. For some reason I would also like to design a big building, just something that will be there for ages and I can say, I built that.

Money

It didn't used to be a problem thanks to family support. My grandfather died recently though and he used to give me a fair amount of money to help support myself but I never adjusted my spending after that so my money quickly disappeared. I also seem to have a lot of one off expenses recently which didn't help. Hopefully the job above will fix this though and I am cutting back on going out so often as well as reducing things like my internet connection to save money so hopefully all this will even out shortly.

Lovelife

Bugger all. There is this girl I really like but she has a boyfriend and as far as I can tell has no interest in me like that so that is pretty much a dead end unfortunatly.