Thread: Your Life
View Single Post
Unread 10 Apr 2005, 17:33   #8
Obliterate
:cool:

Obliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant futureObliterate has a brilliant future
Re: Your Life

cool thread. Reading about other people's lives is fun

Here's me then.

Employment, Education, Location.

I'm in the final year of sixth form, doing A-Levels in french, german and biology. I like to think I'm pretty good at languages, and I should have no problem getting the B's i need to get into university. I also need a B in biology, which constantly worries me - as if I don't get a B i'll have to go to a university I don't particuarly want to go to (King's College London), or take a whole year out. I try not to let my life revolve around schoolwork, and in reality I'm quite lazy and I don't really do that much - I got excellent gcse grades without really doing anything - but now if i'm not doing *something* for school I always feel like I should be. If all goes to plan, however, I'll hopefully end up at Sheffield university after summer. Obviously I'm both excited and really nervous about uni - I don't really know what to expect at all, so it is scary, but i'll live with it.

Money

I have a crappy, minimum wage job at the café in Wyevale garden centre. I serve old (and mostly grumpy) people food every saturday for £4.10 an hour. The only reason I stay there is because the people I work with are ace, and I need the money. My parents will help me out with money while at university. Lots of my friends have "saving's accounts" or money stashed away somewhere, but I don't have one because my parents were poor when I was a kid.

Girls

I broke up with my first proper girlfriend over a year ago. We were together for 10 months, which i thought was quite a long time. It was only afterwards I realised she was one of those typical, insecure teenage girls. I don't regret going out with her though. I don't really have that much confidence when it comes to girls. When I was younger I had quite bad skin, so that made my confidence hit rock bottom. Last summer I met this girl on the internet through another online game. We hit it off really well, I went up to see her, got more than just friendly etc.. etc... - i really did (still do) like her a lot. She lives in Cumbria, I live in Hertfordshire - about 250 miles away, so there was the main problem. She thought it was better that we stayed good friends, and obviously she's right - but I still wish she lived closer cos I know we'd have something really good together. There's also a girl I work with who I think fancies me but I can't work her out. She is good looking but she said there was no point in having a boyfriend before university, so I don't think anything will happen there unless I made the first move, which I might have been willing to do until she said that.

The Future

In the future I hope to be a teacher. My parents don't want me to but that's still what I'm aiming for for now. It's not set in stone though, I'm still open-minded as to what I want to do in the future, and I don't think many people really know at this age exactly what they'll be in the future anyway. If I had to say where I'll be in 10 years, i would be a teacher at a respectable school in the east of england teaching french to teenagers.

That's me in a nutshell.