View Single Post
Unread 12 Mar 2007, 23:04   #22
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of
Re: The final word on how roiding works (!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandows
How on earth can you call a space game realistic. You can't compare this with real life, this is a fake/simulated world with fixed borders and boundries. You can't honestly believe it is in the best interest of the game to have a fixed and known flaw like this implemented. Small planets already have a bonus off getting more XP, why increase their possible roid gains?

Not to mention, since you brought up the term realistic, it is a space game. Clusters and different planets should be wide apart and in this game ALL battles happen at the same time after which roids should be transported to the planet (check the eta indicator if you wish, according to that feature we all arrive at the exact same time).

There is absolutely no reason what so ever to deliberatly code in unfair features. I know this is only a minor thing, so in a way i don't really care about it either way, but on the grand scale, if you think it is fair to benefit smaller players here, where does it end? Why bother actually trying to do well if it only means you get more attention from the smaller planets because they would benefit more from hitting you. Flaws shouldn't be knowingly implemented.
Next time, use 1/10th of the words, i knew what you meant after the first sentence

Let me rephrase it: if recoding it toally to distribute stolen roids after all battles is too hard or makes the tick too long, or whatever, then the fairest would be a score or value based thing, NOT something based on when you had the time to signup, or that you KNEW the system worked like this. In that sense, using a value/score based system (or any other number thats not dependant on none game related order) is better.
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote