View Single Post
Unread 24 Apr 2010, 14:06   #34
t3k
The Video Guy

t3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond reputet3k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will DLR manage to stay top5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
That's just bad politics on their behalf. If you're #2 and are getting hit by everyone, you're doing something horribly wrong.
I was never contesting that, mz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
The point of this thread was to make fun of DLR, what else? Also, to entertain me since I am quite bored.

Believe me, getting rejected from DLR really doesn't change my opinion of myself much, more so my opinion of DLR, not that it was all that high to begin with.
Now now, there's no need to play the bitter card!

I think Grog's decision to reject you was never a question of your ability. You had vouches from just about everyone in the alliance, who were all attesting to your ability.

Basically it came down to the way you approached Grog and told him that his strategy was wrong. Yes, you and I and hopefully now Grog too can see that it was a poor strategy... but Grog has spent most of his PA career playing dictator to a small minority who are all perfectly happy to place their trust in somebody else and play as a collective.

Just by the by, the 'dictator' comment was not meant as derogatory - I'm paraphrasing Grog himself when I describe him as such.

Anyway, the bottom line is that Grog has never had to listen to anybody else's opinion because he's used to people placing their trust in him to do the right thing. Unfortuantely, DLR isn't a small BG playing inside a tag, nor is it a small tag playing for the good of each other with no real objective outside doing well and annoying people.

The bottom line is that Grog does not have the experience to lead a full alliance in the pursuit of success. He's not used to having to deal with the casual gamers who don't play in a tag in order to be part of a team, nor is he used to having to try and use and manipulate political situations to advance his own standing.

Bottom line: you told him he was wrong, Tzu, and he didn't like that. You didn't represent the kind of player he was capable of dealing with and were rejected on account of being a non-conformist.

None of the above makes him bad per ce, nor should it be reason to dislike the guy. He's a very good leader and usually gets tactics spot on. He's even laughed at some of my jokes, so he can't be all bad.

All I'm saying is there's no need to hold the guy's head under whilst he's already out of his depth, tis all.

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 24 Apr 2010 at 16:10. Reason: merge fs
t3k is offline   Reply With Quote