Thread: Alliance HC
View Single Post
Unread 27 Dec 2005, 23:33   #25
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Alliance HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
It is the HC's responsibility to maintain member discipline, run diplomacy, to recruit the right people to obey orders, not PA teams in my view.

An unruly alliance will not be worth anything diplomatically while a disciplined one will be more trusted. And we should continue to preserve this divide. Because it is one to do with quality. If a member is up to no good, it's up to them to find out, not click on a page where the magic answers are there for them.
For once I have to agree with Kargool here.

I know, it's shocking for me to do this, but here is my reason Lokken:

Why do we feel the need to punish alliances who simply don't have leaders with the necessary experience under their belt (or reputation) to get such good discipline? Let's be honest - there's only a few alliances in the game right now that have a really good discipline, with a few having "moderate" and then the rest having little. Those with the strongest have it mainly due to their HC reputation or bonds formed within the membership - some alliances simply wont ever be able to reach this stage - at least not for quite a few dedicated rounds.

There's already tools in existance that allow alliances to monitor their member actions. It's not 100%, but it basically means any alliance with a dedicated coder can knock one up. The game already supplies a very basic member list - something which before HC's had to set up on their own, and back then I bet you could have said the same thing.

Personally I think it's a good idea - it saves an alliance needing to get alot more coding work done and will only help other alliances get more discipline. After all, your point is mainly the HC need to work for it - why not make their lives easier without them needing to somehow find some brilliant coder?

It wouldnt unbalance anything for the current "disciplined" alliances as it'd still require alliance HC to actually USE the information. Remember we have seen evidence in the past of members flaunting their own alliance rules and HC STILL not doing anything - it wont help them people whatsoever.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote