View Single Post
Unread 22 May 2007, 18:17   #142
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: TGV member and losing roids? Thank Kargool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
Gio2k I think you're completely missing the point.

The top alliance is going to shout rather bloody loudly that it plans to hit one of the two alliances to deter them, sure. But that's not the end of it. In reality, they're only going to target said alliance for as long as it matters. If they know that this alliance will not under any circumstances be deterred, they have no reason to attack it any more (except to set a precedent/build up a useful reputation but lets forget that).

If WP were engaged in a serious war they'd have members/fleets dropping like flies, they wouldn't be able to hurt this other alliance a great deal anyway. When you're outflanked, you're buggered, it's as simple as that. CT and Angels could (have?) quite happily tied up half WP's attacking fleets early evening every night. If they wanted to..

And then before you know it, the top alliance isn't top any more and the alliance that took the beating from WP suddenly has the most control over the situation. They can stop attacking WP whenever they want after all. It's not like the new alliance going for first is going to stop hitting WP if they're level.

It's all about manipulation really, you can't expect the #1 alliance to present you with a situation where you can easily win today. You need to change the situation so you can win tomorrow (or whenever).
Your point would stand if this had happened earlier in the round. However, this is this end spurt of the round, and provided WP don't crash fleets, either Angels or CT would have to outscore WP by 3m each day if they want to win.
Then there is the additional point that you can't control your members to hit 300 - 400 roid targets with massive fleets every single night. The incoming will eventually diminish, so there will be days where WP will gain score on the 2nd alliance again.
I am not saying it can't be done. I just think it's too late. And there is so much more than just having balls to come on top.